I love going to Bob Evans.The food is always good, and I usually get good service.

The last time I got a waiter who greeted me with, "How are you, young lady?" This has happened before, but never at Bob Evans. First of all, I am obviously not young; so the remark was rude, patronizing, and condescending. When I googled this just for the heck of it, I found many others felt the same way. It is somewhat like saying "Hi slim" to an overweight person.

The waiter could have just said simply, "How are you this evening?" I have noticed that this happens when you are dining unaccompanied, which seems to point it out more.

You feel like looking yourself over to see if you look 80 years old or just bad.Needless to say, I left NO tip.

Review about: Bob Evans Restaurants Waiter.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Menu.

Had an Experience with Bob Evans Restaurants?

Comments

Consider yourself lucky if that is all you have to be concerned about.

Shirley2014
to anonymous Anderson, Indiana, United States #907655

You are right!This should not have been a big deal.

I was tired, had just finished working, and stopped for a relaxing warm meal by myself. The comment, as always, hit me wrong.

And I do consider it patronizing and condescending and, therefore, rude.It would be so much easier to just leave out the comment.

For real? There was nothing rude about that. YOU are the one who needs to learn some manners.

Shirley2014
to Anonymous Anderson, Indiana, United States #907667

Really!!Sorry, maybe you are 12 years old or 93 (in which case it might be OK), but most women take offense at this.

It is not an appropriate greeting, although I agree he probably did not mean to be rude.This should be in the Waiter 101 Course.