4.6
Cleanliness
Quality of Food

I live in South Georgia and there are no Bob Evans Restaurants near me except for Jacksonville, FL. For the last 3 years on every other Sunday I have driven to the Bob Evans location (55 miles from my house) on Hodges Blvd to get your delicious old fashioned Navy bean soup with ham, a small dinner salad, 2 dinner rolls and a cup of hot tea with lemon and honey.

About 3 weeks ago, I drove to the Hodges location and the placed was closed for business. I was broken hearted and went to a Filipino restaurant and got chicken adobo with pancit. Fortunately, there is another Bob Evans across town in Jacksonville so I drove there yesterday, only to find out that the navy bean soup was no longer on the menu. Again i was crushed and no longer have a reason to visit your single restaurant in Jacksonville.

My question is why was the bean soup pulled from the menu? Was I the only customer in the US that ate the bean soup.

I am seriously disappointed in this action and would like an explanation. Thank you.

Review about: Bob Evans Restaurants Menu.

Reason of review: Old fashioned bean soup off the menu.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: That the bean soup was taken off the menu.

Comments

That was the best bean soup ANYWHERE soooooo disappointed. I actually choose other restaurants to eat at now because of that

Same, I haven't been since they pulled the bean soup. I was hoping to see the chili back for fall, so far....no chili. So not going to Bob Evan's anytime soon.

i used to go there ALL the time and buy a quart for me and mom to share. we both used to work there years ago- its the only thing we eat from Bob Evans.

i havent been back since they discontinued and i wont. you know, dumb decision, its the only place you could get a bean soup. i can get minestrone anywhere. and it all tastes the same.

the bean soup was the only thing that set Bob's apart. good job stupid executives.

#1520433

I haven't been to a Bob Evans since they pulled the bean soup from the menu....so disappointed. What a bad decision.

Not only did they get rid of bean soup, they changed to Pepsi. Yuck! Bye bye!

I too loved the bean soup and was very disappointed. To make it even worse I was told it was seasonal and would be brought back.

I asked what season and I got the deer in the headlight look.They have also eliminated the chili and fresh fruit plate. Also was told a much smaller menus is coming.

My number one reason for going to Bob Evans was for the Bean Soup. I have never been more disappointed!!!

I liked the bean soup and ALWAYS ordered it. Sometimes that was the reason I stopped.

I also got a quart to take home.I didn’t know they had stopped serving it.

You saved me time. Thanks!

Please bring back the soup. I bought 2 quarts a week, sometimes 3. George H

No more bean soup at Bob Evans. Bob say it ain’t so!

I agree.... I found this out months ago and have no reason to go back and will not unless they reconsider their mistake.

Why do you take the best soup festive bean. Off the menue it does not make sense

#1419085

Disappointed. Next you'll tell us you're not even selling it at the Festival! Guess I'll make a pot of my copy-cat recipe and freeze individual bowls in sandwich size ziplock bags.

They absolutely should bring it back. I thought maybe was a seasonal thing, as we called couple months ago about getting some and they didn't have it.

Called just a few minutes ago hoping that maybe now that it's cold out and definitely a good day for it they might have it, but they do not. Can make my own and do most times, but just wanted a short cut today.

Please bring it back!! Replaced by tomato basil, really?!?

I am with you loved the bean soup don’t understand either why it wAs taken off menu

Yeah, I'm pissed too, so is my mom. I have NO reason to spend $ there anymore, and won't be back.

40 yrs been eating that, my favorite restaurant food, can't get it anywhere else but you leave vegetable soup on the menu?

What a bunch of management retards! As always...

I loved the bean soup too! And more importantly, my 3 year old did.

She was crushed when we went a few months ago (maybe September) and found it had been taken off the menu. She still talks about it.

h.kitchener

Restaurants change their menu offerings periodically, based on many factors of which slow sales of the item is one. In your case, I recommend you just make your own bean soup.

It is easy to do and if you make a batch you can save some to eat now and freeze some for another day. Cost-wise, this is the simplest solution.

Bean soup is rather easy to make. My wife makes homemade soup for me to eat each weekend, navy bean soup being one of my favorites.

Charles50
to h.kitchener #1387963

Thanks for your suggestion.