A friend and I were at the 95th Circle store in Ocala, Florida yesterday for dinner. My friend ordered the chicken noodle soup and I ordered the chicken deep dish with noodles.

When they came out they both looked identical. She has had their soup before so you ask where the broth was. The server said that's how they make it. He took the soup and preceded to add some water to it.

(My friend saw him) and the manager stood there and watched him and told my friend that's the way they make their soup (with no broth). My friend refused the soup and ask for the manager. The manager came over but didn't apologize for adding water to a soup instead of getting her a fresh bowl with some broth. Finally we flagged down the server and my friend ordered the chicken pecan salad (which was delicious).

Now here's the kicker. The server brought the bill and gave it to my friend with the salad on it and said the manager had taken care of my dinner. I told him my dinner was fine and why should she pay for hers and me not pay for mine. He said well her salad was fine and he could add mine back on the bill if I wanted and walked away.

He truly didn't get it. The manager was at the register and we explained it to her and she didn't get it either.

You need better help at that location and the manager needs to be trained on being a manager. Needless to say, it was not a good experience.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bob Evans Restaurants Manager.

Comments