5419 Durham-Chapel Hill Blvd, Durham, NC 27707, USA
3.4

I placed an order 2 weeks in advance, as was suggested by the Bob Evans personnel, for the Farmhouse feast that feeds 10 people plus a pot roast dinner that feeds 8 since I was expecting 16 ppl. lt was confirmed that I would pick up the order at 3 pm on Christmas Eve.

The restaurant was closing at 4 pm that day. When I placed my order, I was quoted a total cost for these dinners as $184.89. When my husband and I arrived to pick up the dinners at 2:30 pm, nothing could be found in the "system" that I had even placed an order. After spending several long minutes with the cashier trying to locate the order by asking for my various phone numbers under which the order may be have been placed, that came up Zero!

I was assured that they could come up the dinners if we had time to wait. No problem; we waited. When the orders were brought out to us, the clerk went through the food items so fast I did not realize that the bread & celery dressings and warming instructions were not included until we started unpacking stuff when we arrived home, which is about 5 miles away. Instead, I was given tons of mashed potatoes, green beans, and carrots which I didn't need in large quantities.

To have returned back to the store for the dressing, the restaurant would have been closed. In addition to that, the total cost of $184.89 ended up being $217.13. I was "ticked off" beyond words! I have used BE before for family dinners but never experienced anything quite like this in the past.

There was another person at another BE location who experienced this same type of mix up.

The store should provide a list of the food items ordered to the customer so that these things can be double checked before leaving the restaurant. Also, there should be a better tracking system in the computer wherein a confirmation number is provided to the customer when the orders are placed.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bob Evans Restaurants Customer Care.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Bob Evans Restaurants Pros: Taste of ham potatoes green beans turkey chicken gravy.

Bob Evans Restaurants Cons: Carrots pot roast beef gravy inefficiency lack of organization.

• Take out

Comments

LadyScot

No. You could have checked it before you left.