Rockledge, Florida
5.0

I went to Bob Evans for a Dinner out for my Birthday. I also brought my 6 year old Grandson and Husband with me.

I ordered the soup and salad and my Grandson ordered the Chili. I was informed that the Chili wasn't available, neither my husband's favorite the County Steak. Many items were out on the menu as the server stated. I was very disappointed with my salad and the small cup of soup.

My salad had three croutons, three small tomatoes, and a pinch of cheese. I did complain to the server. A couple at the table behind us also complained of no chili and the server came back and said that there was Chili after my Grandson was finished eating.

This was very disappointing to me. I like Bob Evans and usually eat there before anywhere else if there is a choice.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bob Evans Restaurants Soup.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Bob Evans Restaurants Pros: Country atmosphere and food.

Bob Evans Restaurants Cons: Small portions on salad.

Comments

If you got the "pick 2 combo" you get half of the regular portion. Half the salad, half the soup, half the sandwich.

If you wanted a FULL salad and soup, do not order a pick 2 and make sure your server knows that you want the full size, not the small portion. About the chili, it may have been getting made when you asked about it, and was finished when another table asked about it. The server should have told you it was being made and would be 10 minutes before they could serve it instead of saying it was out completely. Also, he/she should have given you a cup on the house, or simply asked if you wanted some to go since it was not available when you asked the first time.

As far as other things being out, that's the manager who does the orders fault, do not take that out on the server themselves.

We only deliver the message that we're out of something. I hope you'll give Bob Evans another try!