Davisburg, Michigan

November 1 2015 Bob Evans Restaurant 6565 Kalamazoo street Kentwood Michigan

Waited over 20 minutes to be seated even though entire section of restaurant was empty. We had a party of two adults, a two year old, a five year old and newborn. Drink order brought and taken and delivered by a manager. Food order taken by waitress named Mercedes.

We had run into a neighbor who had a party of 5 that arrived and was still waiting to be seated when we were seated.

Our waitress never returned to our table Drink refills were given after we flagged down a different waitress. We had time to take a toddler to restroom and a different trip to nurse newborn. During our wait our neighbor was seated, ordered food, finished their meal and left and our food still had not been served. We waited 1 1/2 hour and still no food. The manager said that it would still be ten more minutes for our meal to be ready. We had hungry kids and left the restaurant never receiving our food manager Keegan Ross did not seem to care that we had waited so long and did nothing to try to make the situation right

I returned to restaurant later in the day to get managers name and he still seemed to not care even when I suggested that he should have given us a gift card or something

I will never enter a Bob Evans restaurant again

Comments

The long wait with many tables open may have been because of lack of staff. If it is 2-4 in the afternoon, typically, only one to two servers are needed.

On rare occasions, restaurants may get busy with only a few servers on. Therefore, having to put some on a wait to be able for the server to get caught up with the tables they have before adding in another. The manager took your drink order to help the server, not to be rude. The manager knew the server couldn't get to you right away and decided to step in and help.

I'm not sure when you were there or how busy it was, and parts of this experience are wrong, especially on the manager and food part, but you have to understand waitresses are people and can only do so much at one time. I hope you'll give bob evans another try sometime!

That's why some are closing... Pretty sad!